[CWG-Stewardship] NTIA's Role in Root Zone Management

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 16:07:54 UTC 2014

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 4:55 PM, Jordan Carter <jordan at internetnz.net.nz>
wrote:

> Giving both the right to operate the IANA functions, and the
> responsibility for operating the Root Zone, to the same entity would be far
> worse in respect of accountability and creating a new massively centralised
> power structure in Internet Governance than even the current idea of simply
> transferring IANA to ICANN in perpetuity.

The implementation of the names related IANA functions is largely the
operation of the Root Zone, so i am not sure i understand why/how you have
counted this as double rights?

> I cannot fathom how anyone who believes in distributed Internet governance
> can even contemplate such an idea.

Is your statement above clarified based on my comment above?

> But I am a relative newcomer. Can someone who supports such a notion
> explain it?

I am too and still learning...so will be good to know what i may have missed

Thanks

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*