[CWG-Stewardship] Questions for "Outside Counsel"? -- REPLIES REQUESTED

Christopher Wilkinson lists at christopherwilkinson.eu
Thu Dec 18 17:44:23 UTC 2014

Well, Greg, since you ask:

I suggest that CWG ask legal counsels several questions along the following lines:

1.	Does the membership and process of the CWG give rise to any concerns or risks of collusion under anti-trust law, in view of the commercial interests of the participants? This in any relevant jurisdiction.

2.	What steps should be taken to protect any eventual such 'Contract Co.' from capture or acquisition over an extended period of time, e.g. 25 years?

3.	Insofar as Registries may be represented in 'Contract Co'., how to ensure the pre-eminence of the global public interest, whereas many Registries will, in future, be collectively represented by the commercial interests of their Registrar owners.

I trust that this is helpful

Regards

CW