[CWG-Stewardship] FW: [ianatransition] A new proposed US bill?

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sun Nov 23 19:30:04 UTC 2014

The response from Chip Sharp was also worth reading:

/"You can use govtrack to find bills and follow them./
//
/For this specific bill:/
//
/https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/113/hr5737/
//
/
/
//
/According to govtrack’s prognosis, it has a 4% chance of getting past
committee and a 1% chance of being enacted.//"/

In other words, let's not waste time on this. Also - I'm all for NTIA to
deal with congress etc. It's not at all our work to track this. It's
worth knowing & if individual members feel like lobbying their congress
people, but not the job of this group.

Kind regards,

Olivier

On 20/11/2014 17:49, Camino.MANJON at ec.europa.eu wrote:

> Dear all,
>

> This has been shared today via the IANA transition list.
>

> Apologies for cross-posting.
>

> Best regards
>

> Camino
>
>> *From:* Richard Hill <rhill at hill-a.ch <mailto:rhill at hill-a.ch>>
>> *Date:* November 20, 2014 at 11:21:50 EST
>> *To:* "Ianatransition at Icann. Org" <ianatransition at icann.org
>> <mailto:ianatransition at icann.org>>
>> *Cc:* "Rhill at Alum. Mit. Edu" <rhill at alum.mit.edu
>> <mailto:rhill at alum.mit.edu>>
>> *Subject:* *[ianatransition] A new proposed US bill?*
>> *Reply-To:* <rhill at hill-a.ch <mailto:rhill at hill-a.ch>>
>>

>>  Does anybody know anything about the attached?
>>
>> Best,
>> Richard

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html