[CWG-Stewardship] Chairs' Statement with progress update and route ahead

Paul M Kane - CWG paul.kane-cwg at icb.co.uk
Sat Nov 29 03:07:45 UTC 2014

Thanks Grace,

I am not sure in which section/document the full automation of the IANA service
should be specified for all transactions except reassignment/redelegation, but
this needs to be done.  The current NTIA contract already has that requirement.

IANA has the capability and functionality already ready for deployment as the
(cc)TLD community clearly want to have the option of full automation (it is an
opt-in service).  In my mind, providing full automation of the IANA service
(with appropriate checks) is a pre-requisite to a smooth/stable transition.

Please ensure that is clearly included in the relevant document as an obligation
before transition - IANA staff are already making preparations, they just need
to have clear direction from the community.

Best

Paul