[CWG-Stewardship] FW: [client com] IPR Memo

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 18:23:00 UTC 2015

Hi,

My guess is that the Co-Chairs at the moment prefer suggestions that
further postpone the CWG's need to make decision on the TM issue. Otherwise
i fail to understand what other convincing is required to have a consensus
view of the CWG on this matter (which i will again say is supposed to be
minor)

While my preference has always been leaving the TM with ICANN, i have no
issue with it going to the IETF trust because i think that would be the
least complicated and "trusted" external entity that can house the TM. Any
other external setup would be complicated, unpredictable and not in anyway
justify the "perceived" fear of leaving it with ICANN

It is my hope that the co-chairs will rethink the need for a
cross-operational community group as it will still bring us back to
status-quo considering that we have no CWG's view at the moment.

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*