[CWG-Stewardship] NTIA- An Update on the IANA Transition

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Tue Aug 18 13:45:12 UTC 2015

Certainly we need to do that.

I have done a VERY brief review of the proposal.
It seems to be in line with what DT-F proposed,
and in fact is very similar to a proposal that
DT-F considered, but ultimately put into the
recommendation as something that could be
considered post-transition to increase the robustness of the process.

I have no knowledge of the process followed other
than as described in the blog post, it was
developed jointly by ICANN and Verisign. I cannot
imagine that this was done without the
involvement of the ICANN CTO, who was also working with DT-F.

Alan