[CWG-Stewardship] CWG Position on IANA IPR

Mueller, Milton L milton.mueller at pubpolicy.gatech.edu
Thu Aug 27 13:42:10 UTC 2015

That's not quite correct, Avri. PTI is a controlled corporate subsidiary of ICANN. Therefore, for separability purposes, taking names IFO away from PTI is also taking it away from ICANN, as I am sure you know.
So nondiscriminatory reassignment of the trademarks and domains _can_ be a rationale here.

> As far as I can tell Names rationale for not leaving it with ICANN and moving it
> to a suitable trust is compromise with the other 2 OCs.

If that is _your_ rationale, it is fine. It works for me, and probably for 2 others. It is not the rationale that the rest of us have been citing.