[CWG-Stewardship] [client com] CWG Comment Letter to CCWG 3rd Draft Proposal

Mueller, Milton L milton at gatech.edu
Wed Dec 16 23:29:28 UTC 2015

But that is precisely my point, Christopher. PTI is not the IANA, nor is ICANN. PTI is the IANA functions operator; each OC decides who their IFO is. IANA as a concept now belongs to the IETF, and we are removing ownership of the IANA trademarks and domains from ICANN, and from any particular IFO, including PTI.

One reason I am insisting on label accuracy is that there are people who still don't understand the nature of the structural reform we are enacting. Accurate labeling helps to convey the change.

--MM

From: Christopher Wilkinson [mailto:lists at christopherwilkinson.eu]

IANA has been maintained as a label for more than a decade, the creation of ICANN notwithstanding.

The IANA label will no doubt survive long-time, PTI notwithstanding. IANA is more important in the public mind.

CW