[CWG-Stewardship] [client com] PTI Board Composition: IANA Managing Director

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 19:48:59 UTC 2015

I don't believe any of this would require withdrawing our submission, or
even contemplating doing so.​

Rather, we are straying into a discussion of implementation.

Most of these issues would be dealt with in PTI's articles of incorporation
and bylaws.  Obviously, these don't exist yet.

Before the transition can occur, PTI needs to be formed, its articles of
incorporation need to be prepared, and its bylaws need to be prepared.​  We
have not had extensive discussions of who will do this, when it will
happen, what the involvement of the CWG (or a follow-on IRT) will be, etc.
 (There are many other implementation issues/details to deal with, but
these are the most germane to our discussion.)

Rather than discussing these almost by accident in a thread on PTI Board
Composition, I suggest that we reserve these points, and then insert them
in the implementation discussion at the appropriate points.  These are
details by comparison with the bigger questions of how to draft the
articles and bylaws for PTI.

I would particularly caution against making an inadvertent decision that we
are going to leave it to ICANN to draft these articles and bylaws.  Even if
that is the case, we have not discussed whether the CWG/IRT will provide
"terms of reference" for those bylaws, whether CWG/IRT and outside counsel
will review drafts of these articles and bylaws, etc.  These are
significant points and we should discuss them directly and in full, not
just in the context of one particular question.

Greg