[CWG-Stewardship] Sidley Austin LLP

James Gannon james at cyberinvasion.net
Mon Mar 9 16:47:03 UTC 2015

I’m listening to the recording at the moment and just noticed a comment from San Eisner that I don’t think was addressed on the call:

>Samantha Eisner: Holly, on the CWG list, I think that it's our responsibility to flag for you the items that we consider as important

Can we just have a definitive clarification of a couple items:

  *   That the CWG is guiding assignments not ICANN Legal or Staff
  *   That ICANN Legal will not be guiding or limiting the advise given by Sidley

And I would like to know the role of Jones Day in this process, I not a number of references to Jones Day and to Kevin Espinola specifically. I understand ICANN Leal being involved due to the costs structuring etc. Is ICANN preparing its own (Dissenting?) legal advice through this process in parallel or is that just my mind running away with a minor point.

James Gannon
Director - Cyber Invasion Ltd
Dublin, Ireland