[CWG-Stewardship] Principles: revised draft 9 March

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 18:22:47 UTC 2015

Hello Martin,

Well it seem to me that that new text you proposed may still be "wish
based" version and not necessarily "what is". However i agree with your
definition of the IANA operator to the extent that ICANN is the current
operator (ref: SAC 067 from page 10). So i think the translation of that
could mean the following:

“The term IANA functions operator refers to the entity that provides the
service, the entity is hosted by an organisation, currently ICANN”

Putting the word independent seem to loose the essense of the
operator/contractor (which is currently ICANN). I think there is difference
between "independent" and "functional separation". IANA is just a set of
tasks that is currently executed by ICANN.

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*