[CWG-Stewardship] Client Committee

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sat Mar 14 15:25:36 UTC 2015

Dear Greg,

I have a question regarding the "client mailing list".

On 13/03/2015 20:23, Greg Shatan wrote:
> The "client' mailing list was set up as soon as Sidley was retained so
> that we could immediately have a transparent list for the legal
> consultation.   Generally, we have set up lists for each subgroup of
> this CWG.    The client committee was an exception, and that exception
> has been rectified.  I'm surprised to hear anyone now suggest the list
> shouldn't exist.  They are helpful tools, and that will be
> particularly true with the client committee list, since Sidley lawyers
> aren't all subscribed to this main list (and it wouldn't be cost
> effective for them all to be here).

In the Client Committee kick-off call, the notes/action items show the
following record:

/Public information and transparency/

  * Hours reporting and fees will be public (on a monthly basis)
  * Limit the email exchanges on CWG-Client list for administrative
    things such as securing a time for a conference call.
  * Archive is live: http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/cwg-client/
  * Most assignments are discussed by phone (recorded and transcribed)
    and confirmed by email on public mailing list

Could you please explain the meaning of the second bullet point? There's
a huge thread on our CWG Stewardship about this list having ICANN staff
subscribed (which I am not bothered by), and yet, is this client list
only going to be used for administrative things?

Kind regards,

Olivier