[CWG-Stewardship] Chair's perspective / summary on Design Teams

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Mon Mar 16 18:39:34 UTC 2015

All,

Thank-you for the enthusiasm with which you have embraced the Design Teams.

As per the call of Thursday last week, we have agreed to free up the DT's
from process a little. The chairs will still keep a close eye on this and
the relevant steps in the process. But, we are very mindful of the need to
make rapid progress ahead of Istanbul and don't want to impede that. So
please do go ahead and push on with initial drafting and work for the
Priority 1 Teams (Final or Provisional). A good is example of which is DT-L
which is nominally on Step 1 but good work is being done to scope and
develop the work right away.

Staff have assisted in revising the DT list and the latest version of this
is attached. Lise and I have made a couple of additional edits and will
continue to work with the DT leads, one another and the CWG as a whole to
review and develop the work.

We are hoping to have the contributions for Istanbul, arising out of the
Design Teams available to the CWG by the end of Friday this week (or latest
Monday week - 23rd March)

Please note that for DT-F, we still require a DT lead (or at minimum a
proponent to draft the template) is required as are expressions of interest.

Thanks again,

Jonathan & Lise