[CWG-Stewardship] Principles and Criteria that Should Underpin Decisions on the Transition of NTIA Stewardship

Paul M Kane - CWG paul.kane-cwg at icb.co.uk
Thu Mar 19 10:32:37 UTC 2015

Martin and Elise

May I thank you both for taking the time to ensure there is consensus on the
proposals principles document.  I hope the following is acceptable.

It may help the reader if the purpose of the proposals principles document is
very clear.

At the start of the document to clarify the intent:

The principles contained within this document are intended to provide guidance
to members of the CWG in their work in formulating proposal(s) for  stable
transition of the IANA functions contract from NTIA. This means that the
proposals can be tested against the principles and criteria before they are sent
to the ICG.

Regarding 7ii)

May I suggest the text reads:
For ccTLDs – Respect national laws as well as any applicable consensus ICANN
Policies developed by the appropriate PDP mechanism and IETF technical standards.

The second paragraph is fine as is.

Best

Paul