[CWG-Stewardship] Principles and Criteria that Should Underpin Decisions on the Transition of NTIA Stewardship

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Thu Mar 19 11:08:35 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 10:32:37AM +0000, Paul M Kane - CWG wrote:

> At the start of the document to clarify the intent:
>
> The principles contained within this document are intended to provide guidance
> to members of the CWG in their work in formulating proposal(s) for  stable
> transition of the IANA functions contract from NTIA. This means that the
> proposals can be tested against the principles and criteria before they are sent
> to the ICG.

If this were modified to say "transition of the IANA names functions
in the IANA functions contract…" or something of that sort I think
it'd be better.  This constraining of scope was something I suggested
before, and I don't want it to get lost because I don't believe this
WG is chartered to try to provide alternatives to the number resources
or protocol parameters communities.

> Regarding 7ii)
>
> May I suggest the text reads:
> For ccTLDs – Respect national laws as well as any applicable consensus ICANN
> Policies developed by the appropriate PDP mechanism and IETF technical standards.

I can live with that.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com