[CWG-Stewardship] RySG IANA Statement

Graeme Bunton gbunton at tucows.com
Mon Mar 23 16:46:50 UTC 2015

Thanks to those that put this together, I think it provides some useful
clarity.
I should also note that this document was discussed within the Registrar
Stakeholder Group, and while there is no formal stance on it, there was
considerable support for much of it's content.
There were some questions around the make-up and function of the CSC,
and that input will be sent to the DT working on that component.

Thanks

Graeme

On 2015-03-22 10:25 AM, Duchesneau, Stephanie wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> With the face-to-face meeting coming up the gTLD Registry participants
> in the CWG have taken the opportunity to identify shared positions on
> the IANA Stewardship Transition and the current work of the CWG, and
> to solicit wider feedback from the RySG.
>
> The attached statement was prepared by gTLD members participating in
> this working group with input and support from the wider Registries
> Stakeholder Group. Though no formal vote was taken, all feedback
> received was constructive and supportive of the statement. It is meant
> as a follow-on to the RySG comments provided on the Draft IANA
> proposal, taking into account additional work and developments since
> December.
>
> We hope you’ll take the time to review the statement in advance of the
> Istanbul meeting and that it provides useful clarity into concerns and
> recommendations of gTLD Registry representatives participating in this
> work.
>
> Please do not hesitate to raise any questions or responses.
>
> Best, and safe travels to all heading to Istanbul.
>
> Stephanie
>
> *Stephanie Duchesneau**
> **Neustar, Inc. / *Public Policy Manager
> 1775 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, 4^th Floor, Washington, DC 20006
> *Office:***+1.202.533.2623 *Mobile: *+1.703.731.2040*Fax:
> *+1.202.533.2623*/*www.neustar.biz <http://www.neustar.biz/>

> The information contained in this email message is intended only for
> the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain confidential
> and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient
> you have received this email message in error and any review,
> dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
> notify us immediately and delete the original message.

Graeme Bunton
Manager, Management Information Systems
Manager, Public Policy
Tucows Inc.