[CWG-Stewardship] Istanbul Meeting Update

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Tue Mar 24 09:00:34 UTC 2015

All,

The Co-chairs have prepared an update for this group ahead of the CWG
meetings in Istanbul. These are clearly critical meetings as we push hard
towards producing a proposal.

Please see below for details and guidance. We very much look forward to
working with you to achieve a highly productive session!

Jonathan & Lise

--

The Reading List

You should by now have received an email regarding a Reading List from
Grace. We will assume you have read the material and so your ability to
contribute effectively will depend on familiarity with the material.

The Draft Proposal

The production of a proposal, which effectively responds to the ICG, is
clearly the overarching objective and necessary achievement of this group.
As co-chairs, we believe the proposal from this CWG also needs to be:

1.       Concise - A readily readable and understandable core proposal

2.       Comprehensive - Containing all necessary detail but not necessarily
in the core

3.       Comparable - Enabling ready cross-reference and co-ordination with
the other proposals to the ICG

The Design Teams

The DTs provide essential input for key areas of the Draft Proposal. We will
spend a significant part of Day 1 - Thursday 26 March - dealing with
material from the DTs.
Please see below for an outline agenda and note carefully the following

*	Each DT is allocated 45min by default, but we will work faster
through some and slower through others
*	Staff will work with DT leads to have focused presentation including
highlights of outcomes (not details) and any outstanding issues / questions
for the group.
Staff will pull this into a slide deck for the group.
*	The Chair's expectation is that all the submitted DT work is read
prior to the meeting, so details would will not be necessary. See Reading
List above.
*	Key points of focus for the meeting include:

*	Appropriate level of detail in order to stay productive;
*	Content that is "model neutral" wherever possible

Useful Links

*	Agenda Wiki Page:
https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=52890325
*	In-Person Attendees Page:
https://community.icann.org/display/gnsocwgdtstwrdshp/In-Person+Attendees
*	Reading List Page:
https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=52894123

Proposed Agenda for DAY1

Thursday March 26 - CWG Day 1 - Design Teams (Conclude where possible)

.         07:00 - 08:30 Breakfast in Globe Restaurant

.         09:00 - 09:15 Welcome & Rules of Engagement (Jonathan, Lise)

.         09:15 -- 10:00 CCWG-Accountability Update (Leon, Thomas, Avri)

.         10:00 -- 10:45 DT-A Service Level Expectations (Paul)

.         10:45 - 11:00 Coffee break

.         11:00 - 11:45 DT-C CSC (Donna; Staffan)

.         11:45 -- 12:30 DT-M (Chuck)

.         12:30 - 13:30 Lunch in Globe (private section reserved)

.         13:30 -- 14:15 DT-D (Cheryl)

.         14:15 -- 15:00 DT-L (James, Matt)

.         15:00 - 15:45 DT-E (Berry)

.         15:45 - 16:00 Coffee break

.         16:00 - 17:00 Assessment of DTs overall (DT-B; DT-N; DT-F; DT-O)

.         17:00 -- 18:30 Post-transition structural considerations (led by
Sidley)

.         Evening session if necessary