[CWG-Stewardship] SLE update - ICANN seeks to delay SLE Accountability reporting......

Paul M Kane - CWG paul.kane-cwg at icb.co.uk
Tue Oct 13 18:11:35 UTC 2015

Hi Andrew

I think you are misreading.

the IANA operator is either:
a)  accountable to the NTIA via the SLA,
or
b) accountable to the naming community via the SLE.

So delay in finalising the SLE just delays the date of transition from NTIA.

The concept of running in parallel scheduled to start on 1st January with a test
phase of IANA operations (without NTIA oversight)......

Best

Paul