[CWG-Stewardship] SLE update - ICANN seeks to delay SLE Accountability reporting......

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Tue Oct 13 21:09:38 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 09:45:38PM +0100, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
> Perhaps we should ask the IETF of their experience when they tried updating
> their SLA (which was somewhat the outcome of the IANAPLAN) during the
> transition.

Nothing, yet.  We haven't completed.  Our understanding is that it is
going to be possible, but not yet because it gives people the
impression we'd be going ahead without the rest of the transition.
Nobody has suggested there's a problem, just that there's a problem
now.

I'm not sure it's exactly parallel, though, because in the IETF case
there are two different agreements: the one between the IETF and ICANN
and a different one between ICANN and NTIA.  In the ICANN case, that's
not actually a problem because the PTI doesn't exist at all yet.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com