[CWG-Stewardship] Statement from the operational communities at the ICANN Public Forum

Grace Abuhamad grace.abuhamad at icann.org
Thu Oct 22 14:28:20 UTC 2015

Dear all,

Please find below the statement made by Lise at the ICANN Public Forum. She
was joined at the microphone by the leaders from the other operational
communities.

As part of the IANA Stewardship transition process, each Operational
Community‹protocol parameters, numbers, names ‹ has been working to develop
their proposals and to plan for the transition. But there are some areas
where we have had to coordinate. For instance, the communities have worked
together in the area of IPR for IANA Trademark and "IANA.ORG" domain.
I want to convey a message from the all chairs of the IANA Stewardship
Transition working groups from the names, the protocols and the numbers: we
have collaborated and continue to collaborate to ensure the consistency of
the transition effort.
We are now nearing the implementation stage of the effort, and the three
operational communities are committed to working together to develop an
implementation plan based on our proposal for the IPR, and any other areas
in the proposal which need coordination among the three operational
communities.