[CWG-Stewardship] Call for volunteers - IPR issue

Maarten Simon maarten.simon at sidn.nl
Fri Oct 30 12:15:32 UTC 2015

Hi Lise,

I am available.

Best,

Maarten

From: cwg-stewardship-bounces at icann.org [mailto:cwg-stewardship-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Lise Fuhr
Sent: donderdag 22 oktober 2015 16:11
To: cwg-stewardship at icann.org
Subject: [CWG-Stewardship] Call for volunteers - IPR issue

All,

We now need to get to work on dealing with the IANA IPR. As you know, there are various reference documents as follows:

1.       ICG Proposal https://www.ianacg.org/icg-files/documents/IANA-stewardship-transition-proposal-EN.pdf

2.       The recent draft specification from the numbers community http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/cwg-stewardship/2015-October/004441.html

3.       The framework from the protocols community http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/cwg-stewardship/2015-October/004449.html

4.       The ICANN Board Statement https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2015-08-15-en

5.       The CWG Statement on the IPR issue https://community.icann.org/x/LohYAw

It seems to the CWG Stewardship chairs that we need a group with relevant expertise to look into and propose the principles and requirements for a post-transition home for the IANA IPR.

Relevant expertise may include; trademark law and practice, trust law and practice and detailed understanding of background to the formation, development and management of the IETF Trust.

Given that the other operational communities are ahead of us on this and very interested to communicate and collaborate as necessary, there is some urgency to this work. Ideally a draft should be ready for the meeting on 5th November.

Accordingly, please could we hear from interested participants with relevant expertise as soon as possible. Please express your interest on list.

Thank you,

Lise & Jonathan
CWG Co-Chairs