[CWG-Stewardship] FW: [Iana-ipr] IANA IPR - Proposed resolution of selected legal issues

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Thu Aug 4 01:04:08 UTC 2016

Hi,

Full disclosure: I'm a Trustee and involved in the negotiations that way.

On Thu, Aug 04, 2016 at 01:45:52AM +0100, Seun Ojedeji wrote:

> That said, on bullet point 3 under "maintenance of IPR"section, I think it
> may be neater for the licensee (ICANN) to always be the one requesting new
> addition/making payments.

Could you say why?  The Trust is supposed to be the owner of these
marks.  It seems a little odd to me that some other party would be
doing that work.  (I'm also pretty dubious about the value of all
these registrations, anyway.)

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com