[CWG-Stewardship] INPUT NEEDED: Community Agreement (3 points)

Greg Shatan gregshatanipc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 15:34:08 UTC 2016

As mentioned in my prior email, there are two points where CWG input is
required:

1.  Entity entering into Community Agreement as the "Names Community."
 There's been some discussion of this point between Seun and myself, but
that's it so far.  Without recapping the discussion, the viable candidates
identified so far are ICANN and the Empowered Community.  We don't need to
decide this point this week, but we need it done well before the agreement
is going to be signed.

2.  Description of IANA Naming Services.  Josh suggested that the
descriptive language used in the Naming Functions Agreement could be
modified for use here.  Any comments on that point?

Also, a third point occurs to me, which needs to be dealt with before the
agreement is signed: We need to figure out how the 3 "names community"
representatives to the CCG will be selected.

Greg