[CWG-Stewardship] [client com] CWG Comment Letter - PTI Bylaws

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Aug 10 16:07:38 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I usually agree with a lot of points that Christopher makes, but on this
occasion, I disagree.

PTI needs to be operational for the transition to take place. For this,
it needs a Board. It is not uncommon to have temporary appointments. I
consider Jonathan and Lise to be of such calibre, trust and experience
that they are the perfect people to fill these temporary positions. I
also consider that, having no skin in the game and with their extensive
experience, they would be absolutely able to push back on any
"unreasonable and unmanageable pressures".

The only concern I could see is that there would be irrelevant
accusations of "insiders filling positions". But what alternative do we
have? Deferring the constitution of PTI is not an option.

Kindest regards,

Olivier
(own views)