[CWG-Stewardship] Proposed Footnote to inclusion of ICANN as potential signatory on behalf of Names Community

Kavouss Arasteh kavouss.arasteh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 06:27:08 UTC 2016

Dear All

The  idea that ICANN SIGN ON BEHALF OF Names Community was legally wrong

There must be

   1.

   Names community establish an unincorporated associated
   2.

   That association could sign on behalf names community or
   3.

   That association e could delegate its authority to a third legal entity
   to sign on its behalf

You over simplifying the matter and propose CUT & PASTE approach

If CWG on its legal existence as established by its charter decides to
request ICANN to sign the Co-Chairs need to write a request the draft of
which must be approved by CWG first in a call and second on mailing list
then sending that request to ICANN and ICANN formally reply to that in
writing.

That is the process

NO CUT & PASTE

However, the formulation that I proposed is a mid way between the two and
has legal validity

Regards

Kavouss