[CWG-Stewardship] ICANN-PTI Services Agreement

Trang Nguyen trang.nguyen at icann.org
Wed Aug 24 00:56:42 UTC 2016

Hi Paul,

Both of the points you brought up below contradict the CWG proposal and
therefore are not addressed in any of the PTI related documents.

Paragraph 1158 of the proposal
(<https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/iana-stewardship-transition-p
roposal-10mar16-en.pdf>) says:

"Post transition there will only be the IFO and the Root Zone Maintainer.
The CWG-Stewardship is not recommending any change in the functions
performed by these two roles at this time. The CWG-Stewardship is
recommending that should there be proposals to make changes in the roles
associated with Root Zone modification, that such proposals should be
subject to wide community consultation.²

As Jonathan and Lise have reinforced multiple times, staff¹s role is to
implement according to the CWG proposal, and the CWG proposal clearly
requires the IFO role to remain the same post transition.

Best,

Trang