[CWG-Stewardship] IANA Stewardship Implementation

Jonathan Robinson jrobinson at afilias.info
Mon Mar 7 14:11:37 UTC 2016

All,

Lise and I today attended the session entitled:

https://meetings.icann.org/en/marrakech55/schedule/mon-iana-stewardship-impl
ementation

It became clear during the course of the session that material new details
on the implementation of the CWG Stewardship proposal were being released
for the first time.

This raises two issues:

1.      Process - How do we ensure that ICANN implementation staff do not
get out of synchronisation with the CWG?

2.      Substance - Do we agree with the details presented in the session
today?

Both Lise and I stood up and made points to this effect during the meeting
as did some of the CWG Stewardship Members / Participants.

We also spoke with Akram & Trang afterwards. It does seem that this was an
inadvertent oversight driven by a desire and need to make progress.

However, it is also evident that there is a need for the ICANN staff
implementation team to have more rapid or agile reference to the CWG, in
addition to our bi-weekly updates / meetings.

Therefore, in order to address this need, the co-chairs propose to form an
implementation oversight task force comprising the CWG co-chairs and the DT
leads. The outcomes will come back to the CWG in any case but we believe
that we need a capability to track the implementation work as closely as
possible and as it evolves.

Please can we have any comments or concerns with this proposal as soon as
possible.

Thank-you,

Lise and Jonathan

Co-Chairs, CWG Stewardship