[CWG-Stewardship] RZERC Charter for CWG review

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Sun May 8 17:52:42 UTC 2016

Sent from my LG G4
Kindly excuse brevity and typos
On 8 May 2016 4:37 p.m., "Mueller, Milton L" <milton at gatech.edu> wrote:

> A not-so important but funny observation: Seun’s modifications referred
to “expenses incurred in the curse of carrying out their services”

SO: Thanks for picking that "course" was definitely intended ;-)

Cheers!

cwg-stewardship-bounces at icann.org] On Behalf Of Seun Ojedeji
> Sent: Sunday, May 8, 2016 2:14 AM
> To: Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca>
>
> Cc: cwg-stewardship at icann.org
> Subject: Re: [CWG-Stewardship] RZERC Charter for CWG review
>

> Dear all,
>
> Kindly find attached a document that contains my comments, and proposed
edits.

> Regards
>

> On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 12:17 AM, Seun Ojedeji <seun.ojedeji at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Thanks, that's helpful (especially the funding part)
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Sent from my LG G4
>> Kindly excuse brevity and typos
>>
>> On 3 May 2016 11:53 p.m., "Alan Greenberg" <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca>
wrote:

>>> At 03/05/2016 06:21 PM, Seun Ojedeji wrote:

1;SN1PR0301MB2030;9:yXSxQKq/XJtXcx74HQ6pcWbqx+b5hJebhZjStOfe2vcCaFJ13kuGboEAYxZedfvpfqoQkW2my/77y/UqGl8n/BZrde2MO+2rOPKk/tzSDPSclTyxHy+8MwGyIS5oWnPtJXGBJ+eJUMHEFVAZUN4McvB0XW/SRKMbIhIxtENblbs=

> [...]
lagging behind with happenings within the CWG. ;-)

>>> It stands for the Root Zone Evolution Review Committee

"RZERC", what part of the ICG (to be specific CWG) proposal is this
implementing?

>>> The name is new. The committee is described in paragraph 155 of the CWG
proposal. 1155 of the ICG proposal I think.

seem to be no room to modify the charter in situations requiring urgent
need.

>>> The 5 years is a mandatory review.

>>> There is similarly no process for formally naming them. It is up to the
appointing body (they all come from somewhere specific).

) bylaw recognises the formation of the RZERC

>>> ICANN. The RZERC advises the ICANN Board and can act as an advisor to
other groups as necessary (such as IANA itself)

>>> It is an advisory committee, but not an Advisory Committee in the sense
of the ACs defined in the Bylaws. The Board has the responsibility of
approving substantive changes in the RZ architecture and operation. The
RZERC is a resource it uses to do the analysis.

>>> To the extent that it needs funds, ICANN.

charter; is this a volunteer group or a paid group?

>>> They are paid double what I am paid and tripple what you are paid.

will be more closer to IANA than ICANN board post-transition) since it seem
this group reports/works with ICANN board?

>>> No connection. The PTI Board oversees the physical operation of PTI.
The ICANN Board, replacing NTIA, is responsible for RZ issues as per the
previously mentioned section of the CWG/ICG reports.

>>> Alan

receive your comments at 17 May at the latest 23.59 utc (2 week review
period). We furthermore plan to have a CWG call at the 12 may where the
RZERC Charter will be discussed.