[CWG-Stewardship] CSC Materials

Seun Ojedeji seun.ojedeji at gmail.com
Wed May 25 09:07:20 UTC 2016

Hello,

Just a quick one on the diversity:

Unless the applicant pool does not allow, candidates should not all come
from the same

geographical region (Europe; Asia/Australia/Pacific; Latin
America/Caribbean islands; Africa;

and North America), or be of the same gender.

SO: While the above is practical with representative that have more than
one member, i don't think it applies to all. So i suggest rewording as "Unless
the applicant pool *and open seat* does not allow..."

It should be noted that when approving the final composition of the CSC
membership, which includes members and liaisons, the ccNSO and GNSO
Councils will consider diversity in making their determination.

SO: Does the last sentence imply that nominations from other members can be
rejected by the DUO and that it can be rejected on grounds of diversity as
well? So the DUO can say because we already have many female in the CSC we
don't accept the single female nomination made by ALAC. I don't think that
should be the intent at all.

Regards

<http://goog_1872880453>seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng
<seun.ojedeji at fuoye.edu.ng>*

Bringing another down does not take you up - think about your action!