[Discussion-igo-rc] IGO Acronyms / 6ter

Beckham, Brian brian.beckham at wipo.int
Tue Jun 6 08:06:55 UTC 2017

Both as a matter of substance, and procedure, I agree with Jon.

Even if, for argument’s sake, a national law would take a more restrictive view, we have re-traced this ground on numerous occasions over the years.  Again, to be clear, IGOs have not sought (curative) protection that disregards legitimate co-existence.  To that end, broadly-speaking, the focus has been on addressing (fraudulent) misrepresentation.

Brian