[Epdp-dt] Membership Criteria - bullet # 8 (training)

Ayden Férdeline icann at ferdeline.com
Wed Jun 27 22:50:20 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I would like to suggest that bullet point # 8 (training) of Membership Criteria be revised from:

Commit to attend any provided introductory training courses, e.g., privacy, trademarks, registrar operations, DNS, etc.

As this EPDP has been initiated in relation to a Temporary Specification invoked as a result of the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), members must possess a sound knowledge of data protection laws and practices, and an in-depth understanding of the GDPR. Members must commit to participating in regular and adequate training that builds this baseline of knowledge, and they must complete this training within 10 calendar days of it being made available, or their membership status shall become that of an observer until such time as this training is completed.

I believe this bullet point should be narrowed down just to data protection law. If other training is required, these activities should be listed separately along with a justification for why they are critical to the work of this EPDP. Thanks!

Best wishes,
Ayden Férdeline