[Epdp-dt] Candidate Confidentiality

Stephanie Perrin stephanie.perrin at mail.utoronto.ca
Sat Jun 30 15:41:27 UTC 2018

I agree that this should be a public process.  I think we should try as
much as possible to encourage candidates to have a public statement
about why they believe they can be a neutral and effective chair.  In
this respect, I would consider the parameters of the decision to
resemble an election more than a hiring decision.

Lobbying will be inevitable, there are very few folks with no skin in
the game, so it would be better to have more transparency.

Stephanie