[Gac-gnso-cg] GAC-GNSO Special Budget Request Liaison

Mike O'Connor mike at haven2.com
Tue Feb 11 13:00:33 UTC 2014

hi all,

i woke up this morning with the beginning of an idea about interim improvements that we could launch right away.  we have several GNSO working-groups that are heading into public-comment periods that we might use to try out some of our early-engagement ideas.

the Inter Registrar Transfer Policy working group — will likely publish and Initial Report in time for Singapore (i co-chair with Godaddy’s James Bladel)

the Data and Metrics for Policy-Making working group — this non-PDP WG has just been chartered and will soon be requesting comments from AC’s and SO’s as it begins its work (i chaired the charter drafting team, i’m the Council Liaison to the group, and i haven’t decided whether to chair/co-chair)

both of those represent opportunities for us to try out some ideas about GAC comments and engagement at an earlier stage.  they are also not terribly critical ones from a public-policy standpoint.  so if we make some mistakes, not much harm done.

i picked those two out of our current pile because i’ll be playing a leadership role in both of them and could help smooth out any bumps in the road.

mikey

PHONE: 651-647-6109, FAX: 866-280-2356, WEB: www.haven2.com, HANDLE: OConnorStP (ID for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.)