[Gac-gnso-cg] Overview of Active GNSO Working Groups

Marika Konings marika.konings at icann.org
Tue Feb 18 18:18:24 UTC 2014

Suzanne, to clarify, from the GNSO's perspective the work on the protection
of IGO/INGO identifiers is complete for now as the recommendations have been
submitted to the ICANN Board for its consideration (who directed the new
gTLD Program Committee at its last meeting to ' (1) consider the policy
recommendations from the GNSO as it continues to actively develop an
approach to respond to the GAC advice on protections for IGOs; and (2)
develop a comprehensive proposal to address the GAC advice and the GNSO
policy recommendations for consideration by the Board at a subsequent
meeting). As such, it does not appear on the list. What has been included is
the Preliminary Issue Report that is being drafted by staff on exploring
whether the URS and/or UDRP should be amended to allow access by IGO/INGOs
which is expected to be published for public comment later this month. This
is the first step in a possible PDP and follows the recommendation of the
Protection of IGO/INGO Identifiers PDP Working Group.

In relation to privacy / proxy, maybe including the the request for input
that was sent to the GAC (see attached) which provides some further
specificity in relation to the questions the WG has been tasked to address
as well as a link to the early engagement one-pager (found at
https://gacweb.icann.org/download/attachments/33849431/Jan%202014%20Early%20
Engage%20RAA%20PDP.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1391155976629&api=v2)
might be helpful?

Best regards,

Marika