[Gac-gnso-cg] MP3 recording GAC / GNSO Consultation Group teleconference Tuesday 21 January 2014 1400 UTC

Glen de Saint Géry Glen at icann.org
Wed Jan 22 19:08:16 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording of the GAC / GNSO Consultation Group teleconference held on Tuesday  21  January 2014 at 1400 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-gac-20140121-en.mp3
 On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jan

Please forgive the delay, there were technical difficulties with the recording. The transcript will be published in a few hours.
 Please also note that the next call is scheduled for Tuesday 28 January at 14:00 UTC.

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:
Government Advisory Committee
Manal Ismail - co-chair - Egypt
Ana Neves -  Portugal
Suzanne Radel  - USA
Mark Carvell - UK
GNSO Council
Jonathan Robinson - co-chair - Registries Stakeholder Group
Mikey O'Connor -Internet Service Providers & Connectivity Providers Constituency

Apology:
Gema Maria Campillos & R. Perezga, Spain (2 reps alternating)
Carlos Raúl Gutiérrez, Costa Rica
David Cake -Non Commercial Stakeholder Group
Volker Greimann - -Registrars Stakeholder Group
Amr Elsadr - Non Commercial Stakeholder Group
Brian Winterfeldt -Intellectual Property Constituency

ICANN Staff:
Marika Konings
Olof Nordling
Glen de Saint Géry

Public archives of the mailing list can be found at:
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gac-gnso-cg/

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Glen

Adobe Chat transcript:
  Marika Konings:Welcome to the GAC-GNSO Consultation Group on Early Engagement Meeting of 21 January 2014

  Mike O'Connor:those dates are purely arbitrary - so view them as draft and subject to change/refinement

  Ana Neves:that's exactly my point, Jonathan. Thanks

  Ana Neves:I'm not so worried with the funding, but with the possibility to have like an experiment during 2014, which could help us on our work here

  Marika Konings:Funding would only relate to attendance at ICANN meetings, but should hopefully not prevent earlier implementation of such a role

  Marika Konings:And of course, should there be agreement on the role and need for attandence at an ICANN meeting, staff can always try to see if there is funding available for the Singapore meeting (but as you may have seen on the mind map and Olof and I developed, there are some questions that will need to be addressed / worked through)

  Ana Neves:Right, Marika. Thanks.

  Mike O'Connor:i'm happy to carry the pen

  Ana Neves:Good, Mikey. It would be helpful to have a new version after this conf call

  Mike O'Connor:right -- i'll work one out and circulate it within a few hours.

  Suzanne Radell:Marike's  comments are very helpful, and I would agree that focusing solely on the liaison may not be the sole "solution" we should focus on

  Manal Ismail:agree with Marika and Suzanne

  Ana Neves:+1

  Mike O'Connor:a larger group may also be less expensive -- an email list discussion for example

  Mike O'Connor:noted

  Jonathan Robinson:There is a little time Mikey if you do need to say something but happy to wait, here most in next call.

  Suzanne Radell:Agree wth Jonathan's comments

  Mike O'Connor:agree

  Marika Konings:We can translate the mind map into a table format

Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat
gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org<mailto:gnso.secretariat at gnso.icann.org>
http://gnso.icann.org