[Gac-gnso-cg] revised version of the slide deck -- still plenty oftime for revisions before our next meeting

Manal Ismail manal at tra.gov.eg
Sat Mar 15 22:38:19 UTC 2014

Many thanks Mikey ..

A couple of remarks:

-          I think slide 6 is supposed to replace slide 5, right? i.e.
slide 5 will be deleted, right?

-          I believe we should be adding the Wiki url, unless this is
going to be the one added to reference the charter

-          Finally, on slide 6, I think the 2nd and 3rd bullets are
redundant .. I suggest keeping the 2nd and deleting the 3rd , don't know
what you and other colleagues think .. I think the GNSO and GAC
providing  feedback, implicitly means they approve the new version
reflecting such feedback ..

And finally to answer your question "what's the goal for having the
charter approved by the GAC and the GNSO?" I personally believe that:

-          It's important to consult at each milestone, as indicated in
our charter

-          It's important to make sure both the GAC and the GNSO agree
to the problem definition, the described objectives and the expected
deliverables

-          Having everyone agree on each significant step means that
they will be ready to adopt our deliverables at the end (some sort of
early engagement ;) )

Not sure what my GAC colleagues think, but I don't think we will receive
the sought feedback/approval from the GAC at the meeting in Singapore,
that's why it was suggested to agree on a deadline ..

I hope I was able to address your points .. if not please let me know ..

Kind Regards

--Manal