[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Agenda for 11 April 2017 Privacy/Proxy IRT meeting, 1400 UTC

theo geurts gtheo at xs4all.nl
Sat Apr 8 09:47:40 UTC 2017

Hi all,

Couple of comments regarding last weeks call.

The definition of abuse. The PIC spec covers most if not all forms of
abuse.

The problem with the definition is that it does not cover what should go
where.
As mentioned on the call, this is the complex part to answer.
Alex Deacon mentioned the framework for copyrights.

I think if we start working on that framework we will get more clarity.
In an ideal world the PSWG would also provide their input real soon,
with the combination of frameworks we should be able to see the big
picture and select what goes where in terms of abuse. As such the
complex question becomes less complex.

Testing or monitoring of the email address.
The current draft section 6.1.2 mentions verification. This would imply
that only verified contacts/email addresses can use a privacy service.
Most, if not all verification is being preformed through email, so we
will know that the email address is working when ordering a privacy
service.

As email addresses can stop functioning for many reasons monitoring
might be required, however the RAA 2013 already has language on what to
do when a Registrar becomes aware an email address is no longer working.
So monitoring in an active sense is not required. Registrars been
dealing with this since 2013.

Other requirements in section 6 could also apply when it comes to making
sure the email address works. Flexibillity is key here though.

Best regards,

Theo Geurts