[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Materials for 12 Sept PP IRT Meeting

theo geurts gtheo at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 11 13:35:56 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I think the approach can be simplified.

  * We have a bunch of current requirements.
  * New requirements.

Fast track the current privacy providers (this can be done in advance).
If correct, compliance should know which Registrars are in good standing
and have data of the current requirements in combination with
Registrars due to the previous audits.
No need to to pre-screen this all.

New requirements, this can be dealt with the future compliance audits.

This will save everyone heaps of time and thus money, plus the bulk has
now been dealt with in a short time frame.

I expect that non-affiliated privacy providers can be on-boarded in a
similar fashion.

The WG did not make recommendations on fees and lengthy application
processes.
The current proposal will most likely not survive the comment period;
this is something, we as an IRT, have to keep in mind.

Thanks,

Theo Geurts