[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Materials, action items from today's PP IRT meeting

Amy Bivins amy.bivins at icann.org
Tue Sep 12 16:26:58 UTC 2017

Hello, All,

Thanks so much for your active participation on today's Privacy/Proxy IRT call.

The call recording, slides and chat transcript are available on the wiki, https://community.icann.org/display/IRT/12+September+2017. If you couldn't attend, I encourage you to review these, as we covered a lot of ground this week.

In summary, with respect to data escrow, IRT members on the call said that in drafting the specification, we should keep the proposed requirements as open as possible and not attempt to create restrictions with respect to various types of provider/registrar/affiliate relationships. With respect to the accreditation application process, initial input from many IRT members was that the process may need to be simplified. With respect to accreditation criteria, some IRT members said that we are still requiring too much for affiliated providers; other IRT members said we may have cut too much for affiliated providers. We need as much feedback on this topic as possible, given that the views among IRT members appear to be quite mixed. We will continue discussing this topic next week.

IRT Action Items
Please provide any further input you have on the topics discussed on today's call, including (a) the data escrow questions presented by Francisco Arias, (b) the "initial application window" process and (c) the proposed affiliate categories for accreditation processing purposes, no later than next Monday, 18 September. Also, please continue reviewing the PPAA draft v1 and send any additional topics that you would like to discuss to the list (we have several topics to revisit, but once we reach the end of the list, we will move on if no other topics are raised).

Next week, we will continue discussing the second draft of the applicant guide, including any feedback you have on the topics discussed this week, plus the application questions and fees proposal. To aid this discussion, I am attaching an editable word version of the document, which Volker requested, so that proposed edits can be marked on the document. Please mark any proposed edits in track changes mode-this is how we will identify proposed changes to discuss with the group.

If you have questions or comments, please don't hesitate to reply to the list.

Best,
Amy

Amy E. Bivins
Registrar Services and Engagement Senior Manager
Registrar Services and Industry Relations
Direct: +1 (202) 249-7551
Fax:  +1 (202) 789-0104
Email: amy.bivins at icann.org<mailto:amy.bivins at icann.org>
www.icann.org<http://www.icann.org>