[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Updated reporting specification, per IRT feedback

Amy Bivins amy.bivins at icann.org
Mon Mar 26 14:56:47 UTC 2018

Dear Colleagues,

Attached is an updated version of the reporting specification. To summarize the changes that were made:

  1.  We updated the report frequency to quarterly (initial proposal was monthly)
  2.  We eliminated the per-TLD report requirement
  3.  We eliminated a few of the unnecessary fields (e.g., publication requests for IP and LEA, some of the "total" fields at the top)
  4.  We added a couple of fields for "other" requests (non-LEA or IP)

We have considered the IRT's feedback on use of RRI. ICANN org believes that the use of RRI is preferable for both ICANN org and providers, as opposed to accepting emailed forms because:

  *   The only difference on the provider side is using an API (the report format will be the same, and ICANN is providing a template to create the CSV file that will be submitted via the API);
  *   Using the API will allow real-time confirmation that the report format is valid, eliminating the need for manual communications back and forth between ICANN org and the provider
  *   ICANN org will provide training materials for using the API for providers who are unfamiliar with the process.

If you have any further feedback on this, please send it to the list.

Best,
Amy

Amy E. Bivins
Registrar Services and Engagement Senior Manager
Registrar Services and Industry Relations
Direct: +1 (202) 249-7551
Fax:  +1 (202) 789-0104
Email: amy.bivins at icann.org<mailto:amy.bivins at icann.org>
www.icann.org<http://www.icann.org>