[Gdd-gnso-ppsai-impl] Privacy and proxy services accreditation IRT - Fee evaluation - Follow up and update

Xavier J. Calvez xavier.calvez at icann.org
Sat May 5 00:49:50 UTC 2018

Dear IRT members,
I am following up on the call held last week on the fee determination and the follow up actions we discussed. We have made good progress since last week’s call and are working towards completion. I am providing a status update on and some comments below.

  1.  Fee determination methodology: document the approach described verbally during the call last week – 80% complete. Need final review and editing.
  2.  PP accreditation application fee: provide breakdown of the cost estimate – 80% complete. Need to match the cost breakdown items to the list of activities provided, and perform final review.
  3.  PP annual accreditation fee: provide breakdown of the cost estimate – We had not included this topic in the original responses and we need to develop a response that provides an overall view of costing. The annual accreditation fee encompasses a much broader scope of activities than the more specific application process.
As a reminder, the cost estimate is only one of the factors that contribute to the determination of a fee, and one that is used to corroborate the reasonableness of the fee levels considered, rather than a determining factor.
We do understand that addressing this topic is the last open item before moving to the next step, and we are working diligently on completing the work on this matter, among several other priorities. We will provide an update on the above in course of next week.

Thank you.

Best,

Xavier

Xavier Calvez