[GNSO-Accuracy-ST] Purposes vs Requirements

Steve Crocker steve at shinkuro.com
Thu Nov 18 00:59:18 UTC 2021

Folks,

Attached is a short note on purposes, requirements, etc.

In my view, the work for this scoping group is to:

   - List the agreed upon purposes that registration data is supposed to
   serve.  This is presumably just a matter of copying what's been previously
   decided, but I've heard some contradictory views, one of which is there are
   no acceptable third party uses of registration data.

   - Agree on definitions for the various levels of accuracy validation
   that might be applied to individual data elements.

It will then be up to the PDP WG to set the specific accuracy requirements
for individual data elements.

The natural questions along the way are:

   - whether the requirements are sufficient to meet the intended purposes,

   - whether the actual practices achieve the requirements, and

   - whether discrepancies between requirements and practice are actually
   detected, and, if so, what remedial actions take place.

See you all on the call tomorrow.

Thanks,

Steve