[GNSO-Accuracy-ST] Notes and action items - RDA ST Meeting #7 - 25 November 2021
marika.konings at icann.org
Thu Nov 25 15:47:15 UTC 2021
Dear RDA Scoping Team,
Please find below the notes and action items from today’s meeting.
For those celebrating, happy thanksgiving!
Caitlin, Berry and Marika
1. Still open: Team to add any additional proposed questions for ICANN org to the google doc<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1arlKdQkbRkE1LuurmDdd-PZP184_AdFm/edit> as soon as possible, but no later than Wednesday 1 December to allow for finalization during next week’s meeting.
2. Team to complete the gap analysis document<https://docs.google.com/document/d/11msexuoqWSUsFj8ZjVvWF-XHpcMJntWH/edit?pli=1> at the latest by 9 December (but if input is received by 2 Dec, discussions may commence on that date)
Registration Data Accuracy Scoping Team – Meeting #7
Thursday 25 November at 14.00 UTC
1. Welcome & Chair Updates
* Administrative update
* No substantive work will be undertaken today noting the number of apologies
* However, all members are encouraged to continue the work for the group to be able to stay on track
* Originally it was the intention to not have a call today, but as the group is falling behind its schedule and assignments, the chair decided to go ahead with the meeting.
* The meeting will be purely administrative, to identify where the group is falling behind and clarifying outstanding work items, if necessary.
* As a reminder, today was the original deadline to finalize the follow up questions for ICANN org. To date, only the ALAC, RrSG and RySG have submitted proposed questions (see https://docs.google.com/document/d/1arlKdQkbRkE1LuurmDdd-PZP184_AdFm/edit). No questions have been received so far from non-contracted parties, apart from ALAC. Intent is to finalize the list of questions for submission to ICANN org during next week’s meeting.
Action item: Team to add any additional proposed questions for ICANN org to the google doc as soon as possible, but no later than Wednesday 1 December to allow for finalization during next week’s meeting.
* As a result of concerns expressed in relation to use of the term “aspiration definition”, the input template has been updated so that the focus is now clearly on identifying the gaps, if any. It also factors in the input that was received from the RrSG in relation to current goal and whether that goal is being met.
* Input is due at the latest by 9 December, but if input is received by 2 December it can be already considered during the upcoming meeting on 2 December.
* Consider adding another question that allows for any other comments to be made as current questions may not allow for the information to be provided that some groups want to share?
* Is there overlap between questions #3 and #4?
* This scoping team is not responsible for developing policy but it is about scoping the issue which requires documenting the facts, hence the order of assignments and the need to conduct a gap analysis.
* Need to focus on issues that are within scope and not get distracted by discussions that are not within the remit of this group which could result in the group missing the deadline.
* In response to question #1, it was suggested that the group can focus on the purposes developed as part of the EPDP phase 1. It was noted, however, that the EPDP Purposes are focused on why registration data is processed which is presumably to achieve a certain goal. The objective for this exercise is to identify the goal that is achieved with having accurate data as well as identifying which goals/needs may not be met under the current implementation .
Action item: Team to complete the gap analysis document at the latest by 9 December (but if input is received by 2 Dec, discussions may commence on that date)
* Note that there arse issue with the mailing list archives – these are in the process of being resolved.
* If group meets deadline for the above assignments, it may still be able to make the deadline for January to complete assignment #1 and #2
* No meeting will be held on 30 December as all ICANN offices are closed (not unlike today where only the US offices are closed). However, online work is expected to continue during that period.
1. Confirm action items & next meeting (Thursday 2 December at 14.00 UTC)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the GNSO-Accuracy-ST