[GNSO-Accuracy-ST] SOI Update

Michael Palage michael at palage.com
Sat Mar 12 17:49:08 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone,

I just want to provide the following SOI update. Although I do not believe
this update has a direct impact on my work as Chair, I want to error on the
side of over disclosure in part because these activities involve other
members of the ICANN Community.

Yesterday, the FDIC and FinCEN launched a Tech Sprint focused on Measuring
the Effectiveness of Digital Identity Proofing for Digital Financial
Services, see
https://www.fdic.gov/fditech/techsprints/measuring-effectiveness.html

Myself and my business partner Frank Cona were selected to participate in
one of eight teams participating in this Tech Sprint. In total, 6 out of the
8 members in our team are active in the ICANN community. While individual
team members are able to disclosure their individual participation, I am not
aware of any public disclosure by FDIC and FinCEN of all participants at
this time.  However, rest assured none of the other 4 ICANN community
members are active on this Working Group.

While this is a rather intense competition that will last approximately 1
month, I do not see it interfering with any of my Chair responsibilities.
Based on past Tech Sprint best practices all participants as well as their
presentations will be made available on the Tech Sprint website, see
https://www.fdic.gov/fditech/techsprints.html

Best regards,

Michael