[GNSO-Accuracy-ST] Survey Reminder - Please Complete

Michael Palage michael at palage.com
Wed Mar 16 05:56:30 UTC 2022

Alan,

Thank you for the vote and your explanation.  I myself struggled with how to
vote. The reason that I voted for 'degree of accuracy" like yourself was
largely in part due to my experience in the identity space over the past
five years.  When you look at NIST (IAL1 thru IAL3) and eIDAS (low,
substantial, high) there is a clear spectrum of accuracy, it is not binary.

I was on the phone yesterday with an attorney that handles financial crimes
for a large financial institution. In talking about identity proofing and
risk assessment, the discussion was not a binary one but one that centered
around a degree of risk that a financial institution was willing to accept.
This discussion helped reaffirm my degree of accuracy vote.

Best regards,

Michael