[GNSO-CCOICI] Status update SOI Task Force

Olga Cavalli olgacavalli at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 15:12:58 UTC 2022

Dear All,

I trust you are doing well.

In my capacity as liaison to the GNSO SOI Task Force (TF), I wanted to
provide you with a status update. The TF is currently in the process of
completing a final review of its recommendations report (which you can find
attached here). The next step would be to publish the recommendations
report as well as the proposed changes to the GNSO Operating Procedures for
public comment. As you may recall, this public comment period will be
combined with the proposed changes that have resulted from the CCOICI’s
work on the Working Group Self-Assessment. Also attached you will find for
your review the proposed public comment forum announcement that covers both
these topics.

Although these materials should be ready for posting in the August time
frame, due to the large number of public comment forums expected to open in
August (see https://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/upcoming-proceedings),
the staff support team has suggested that we delay the opening of the
public comment forum on the proposed changes to September as these proposed
changes are considered non-urgent.

The GNSO SOI Task Force is considering recommending that the public comment
forum opens just prior to ICANN75 so there is an opportunity to brief the
GNSO community on the proposed changes and answer any questions there might
be, as long as sufficient time is provided after the ICANN meeting for
people to provide their input. During our upcoming meeting on 3 August, I
would also like to ask for your opinion on this proposed approach as it
will also affect the timing of the CCOICI’s consideration of input received
on the WGSA recommendations.

Best regards,

Olga

Chair CCOICI