[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] MP3 Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG meeting 4 June 2015

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Thu Jun 4 17:21:37 UTC 2015

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP Working Group call held on Thursday 4 June 2015  at 13:00 UTC at:  http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-transliteration-contact-04jun15-en.mp3<http://mailer.samanage.com/wf/click?upn=NrFWbrBstcrPWP369qgbqlXiSKeL20xnUXzI03ZqpstVYEtAkUhnqHJbcMva2zeHXPBYS28IAQ-2BFDnoOG2tPq764nQpWd6tLI53tyrCFqns-3D_QuA5zZR9ZZ7J1F2FeF-2FOsgm1hgIDcBrAX2P7Ezxmql7ckJc4ios1-2BxObAoz2rzLSI3c4QB1NGo7bw7XrBjpRCbz74w4vzk48UxZMFoBBQBQaQ0ePdiOjdJ30sQNHkokOf-2F2p-2FBvMgKvMhzp-2B4u8fP-2BRrSytHe2KCf2HpQmtSbpezMgNTUG57PiORAPesOotpHA-2BC4pSmXJRsVmpbNaLqzjR7HE8M3N4FURpV7D83NSEtN-2BFRweqdoyRVq9yX3F214oZlsnytJL0fKHGrM-2BVEbemuYypGJum26v5tcRf1IVe4lJyfGqwridLruMYEiLiYOTEgzaChS1MRwfUPu-2FHsANY2xOcCaKze4zbRpbtn5xebBg49usM2j74DRK8NLAHtE3vd35T8sPwpj29YHmWVwMVZKd9DbfO-2Bp6hJqlpftFWpYXTGJMadGgGHv8DUJTwOeovQu11ipADK4AI8ih7ED7JzZSqBYXsxw5C4HFDHFD5U0y4sdKljzJmzViIF-2FM71>
On page:
<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may>http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#j<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jun>un<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#jun>
The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO
Master Calendar page:http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Attendees:
Chris Dillon – NCSG
Sara Bockey – RrSG
Amr Elsadr – NCUC
 Justine Chew – Individual
Jim Galvin - RySG
Petter Rindforth – IPC
Rudi Vansnick - NPOC
Roger Carney - RrSG
Peter Green (Zhang Zuan) – NCUC

Apologies:
Lindsay Hamilton-Reid
Wen Zhai - RySG
Amr Elsadr - NCUC

ICANN Staff
Julie Hedlund
Lars Hoffmann
Nathalie Peregrine

 Wiki page: http://tinyurl.com/mpwxstx

Thank you.
Kind regards,

Nathalie
Adobe Chat Transcript for Thursday 4 June 2015:
Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all, welcome to the Translation and Transliteration of Contact Information PDP WG call on the 4th June 2015
  Lars Hoffmann:Hello everybody - just dialing in now.
  Chris Dillon:Hello Lars & everyone!
  Peter Dernbach:Hello all.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Noted, thank you!
  Lars Hoffmann:document is not un-synched.
  Lars Hoffmann:*now
  Jim Galvin:Rec #4 - "through the help of language tags" I suggest should be "through the help of language *and script" tags".
  Jim Galvin:RDAP is a protocol.  It does not store.
  Rudi Vansnick:RFC 7480 if i'm not wrong
  Jim Galvin:Yes, that wors
  Jim Galvin:^wors^works
  Justine Chew:Is RDAP spelt out anywhere earlier in the report?
  Justine Chew:*Sorry, haven't had time to look at this V4-2*
  Rudi Vansnick:@Justine: a reference to that will be put (footnote or somewhere else)
  Lars Hoffmann:*justine - i beleive it is spelled out.
  Jim Galvin:However, instead of RDAP maybe we should use "WHOIS replacement system".
  Jim Galvin:well, you know what the script could be, since it's not necessarily unique and unambiguous.
  Jim Galvin:Some languages are supported by multiple scripts.  I think this is solveable algorithmically.  Not absolutely certain yet but others have told me this should be the case.
  Nathalie  Peregrine:Please all mute your phones and mics when not speaking
  Petter Rindforth:Just so that we are clear. If changing a word in one plce it has to be fully replaced
  Jim Galvin:I guess what I'm saying is +1 Lars.  Withdraw comment to add "scripts" to example.
  Peter Green (CONAC):Sorry, again being late
  Rudi Vansnick:RDAP is more in the IETF field while WHOIS is more recognised in ICANN
  Jim Galvin:Rec 6 - again - RDAP to WHOIS Replacement System.
  Rudi Vansnick:@Jim: +1
  Jim Galvin:and probably "database" to "database system"
  Jim Galvin:"database" comment is "rec #7"
  Rudi Vansnick:store works for database / database system
  Jim Galvin:Would we consider a "Finding" as opposed to a "non-recommendation"?  Truly just a question.
  Petter Rindforth:I suggest "should lie" to be changed to "may lie"
  Jim Galvin:I would prefer we be more specific with the statement.  So, I prefer "should" to "may"
  Rudi Vansnick:@Jim: +1
  Roger Carney:@Jim +1
  Peter Dernbach:But in Recommendation #5 we consider that registrars may wish to perform transofrmation. In those cases there may not be a "requestor."
  Jim Galvin:Wouldn't the registrar be the requestor in that case?
  Jim Galvin:Rather than being "moot", why don't we answer the question regardless and call it a recommendation?
  Rudi Vansnick:thanks LArs
  Peter Dernbach:I would suggest that "Non-Recommendation 8" become a "Finding" and we just leave the first sentence in the current draft, deleting the second sentence (currently in red).
  Jim Galvin:@peter - agree with Peter because the sentence is actually already in Rec #1.
  Lars Hoffmann:also could be ust 'transformation lies with' ...
  Peter Dernbach:I think that also exceeds the scope of our charter, which was to determine who should decide who bears the burden, not to decide who bears the burden.
  Peter Dernbach:I appreciate, though, that this is a minority opinion.
  Peter Dernbach:but we are making that suggestion in recommendation 1
  Jim Galvin:@lars - +1
  Lars Hoffmann:we can also just call it :finding in relation to charter question 2'
  Peter Dernbach:@Lars +1
  Sara Bockey:Could we just delete Non-Recommendation and have it just be a new paragraph stating:  Based on  recommendations 1-7...
  Rudi Vansnick:just avoid transformation is done without the approval of the  registrant  engaging the registrant in an eventual legal  action
  Jim Galvin:Even the second RDAP shoudl be "whois replacement system"
  Jim Galvin:@chris +1
  Rudi Vansnick:+1
  Rudi Vansnick:we did Chris
  Rudi Vansnick:? what standards ?
  Rudi Vansnick:i think so
  Lars Hoffmann:http://gnso.icann.org/en/council/annex-1-gnso-wg-guidelines-07apr11-en.pdf
  Rudi Vansnick:great work done
  Peter Dernbach:Thank you Chris, Lars and all!
  Jim Galvin:thanks! bye all!
  Sara Bockey:thank you everyone
  Rudi Vansnick:have a nice day
  Petter Rindforth:The same
  Chris Dillon:Brilliant sunshine in London for once