[gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] URGENT Correction to Recommendation 4 - REPLY NEEDED!

WUKnoben wolf-ulrich.knoben at t-online.de
Sat Jun 20 20:58:56 UTC 2015

I also agree.

Wolf-Ulrich

From: Rudi Vansnick
Sent: Saturday, June 20, 2015 4:50 PM
To: gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg at icann.org
Cc: Lars Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [gnso-contactinfo-pdp-wg] URGENT Correction to Recommendation 4 - REPLY NEEDED!

I’m also in favor to make the change, so the text is in line with the RAA.
May I call on all of you, members of this WG to reply asap (and within the next 24 hours) so we can proceed with the administration of the motion process and get the report voted.

Rudi Vansnick

  Op 20-jun.-2015, om 16:10 heeft Lars Hoffmann <lars.hoffmann at icann.org> het volgende geschreven:

  Dear all,

  Please all read this careful and try to reply on list as soon as possible.

  It has come to our attention that there was an important term mistakenly used in Recommendation #4 of our Final Report

  The Recommendation reads currently:

  Recommendation #4 The Working Group recommends that, regardless of the language(s)/script(s) used, it is assured that the data fields are consistent to standards in the Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA), relevant L Policy, Additional Whois Information Policy (AWIP) and any other applicable polices. Entered contact information data are verified, in accordance with the aforementioned Policies and Agreements and the language/script used must be easily identifiable.

  Level of consensus: Full Consensus

  The term ‘verified’ in the second sentence of the recommendation has legal implications and would change significantly the contractual obligations of the Contracted Parties. As the substance of the Final Report on that particular issue makes it clear that "validation" was intended to be used instead of “verification”. Both co-Chairs agree that this is a clerical mistake as the Group meant to use the term ‘validate’ not ‘verifiy’ and it should be changed accordingly.

  With your consent we would like change the working to reflect the actual meaning of what the Group meant to recommend. In order to prevent delaying the GNSO Council’s vote on our Final Report, this would have to happen as soon as possible so that the Motion to adopt can be changed accordingly and in time for Wednesday’s Council discussion and vote.

  Many thanks and best wishes,

  Lars