[Gnso-dmpm-wg] - Proposed Agenda

Jonathan Zuck JZuck at actonline.org
Tue Sep 23 19:52:56 UTC 2014

Hi folks. I let the time get away from me but I was playing with what a framework might begin to look like so perhaps it can become the basis of some discussion. I'll be in a car so I might drop in and out but here's what I have thus far as a sample:

Process Flow for Data Requests:

What is the Nature of the Objection?

Cost to prepare

Can ICANN resources do some of the cleanup and normalization?

Are staff resources available?

Are there confidentiality concerns? (go to that)

Can a 3rd Party do some cleanup and normalization?

Is the cost commensurate with the benefit?

Request budget for 3rd party data preparation

Would a payment to the party enable data preparation?

Is the cost commensurate with the benefit?

Request budget for 3rd party data preparation

Confidentiality

Would data aggregation solve the confidentiality issue?

What is the cost?

Is it worth the cost?

Request budget for data aggregation

Would 3rd Party Analysis of the data address the problem?

What is the cost?

Is it worth the cost?

Request budget for data aggregation.

Does the PDP itself conflict with an existing business practice?

Is there a way to acquire the data from another party?

Is the data necessary for the PDP?

Escalate the data request to the board

Discrimination

Does the data request somehow feature a particular or subset of contracted parties?

Would 3rd Party analysis help to obscure individual parties in the data?

Jonathan Zuck
President