[Gnso-dmpm-wg] MP3 DMPM - Tuesday 23 September 2014 at 20:00 UTC

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Tue Sep 23 22:55:42 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for the Data & Metrics for Policy Making Working Group call held on Tuesday 23 September 2014 at 20:00 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-dmpm-20140923-en.mp3

On page:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#sep

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

Cheryl Langdon-Orr – ALAC

Olivier Kouami – NPOC

Jonathan Zuck – IPC

Graeme Bunton – RrSG

Marinel Rosca – Individual

Pam Little – RySG

Jeremy Beale- Independent

Andrew Merriam – RySG

Kayode Yussuf – IPC

Tony Onorato - Individual

Apologies:

none

ICANN staff:

Berry Cobb

Steve Chan

Terri Agnew

Wiki page :  <https://community.icann.org/x/myt-Ag> https://community.icann.org/x/myt-Ag

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Tuesday 23 September 2014:

  Terri Agnew:Dear all, Welcome to the non-PDP Data & Metrics for Policy Making Working Group teleconference on 23 September 2014

  Marinel Rosca:Hello

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:no all good that makes sense

  Terri Agnew:Kayode Yussuf has joined

  Kayode Yussuf:Hi everyone

  Kayode Yussuf:I'm sorry I'm late

  Terri Agnew:Tony Onorato has joined

  Berry Cobb:virtually all data under contract is publicly available.

  Tony Onorato:sorry to be late -- was on a client call

  Andrew Merriam, Top Level Design:Either way it is an underlying principle

  Andrew Merriam, Top Level Design:either in title or in substance

  Andrew Merriam, Top Level Design:Interesting notion that if only limited providers respond then it could endanger any efforts at confidentiality as the data set would be limited

  Pam Little:It will also depend on what data is being requested.

  Pam Little:Berry, not all data under contract is public.

  Terri Agnew:@Jeremy we are unable to hear you, please check your mic

  Pam Little:There are certain types of data provided to ICANN Compliance upon request on a case by case basis.

  Jeremy Beale:Not working again!

  Pam Little:This type of data will not be public.

  Jeremy Beale:WOuldn't a principle be that only necessary data for the issue can be requested

  Jeremy Beale:If there is an important issue (consensus) then requests for data should only be considered unreasonable by registries/registrars if out of bounds of proper consideration of the issue...

  Terri Agnew:Olevie has disconnected from audio and we are unable to reach him back at this time, but will keep trying

  Jeremy Beale:Correct - rationale for the principle

  Tony Onorato:Yes -- the flow makes sense to me as a framework -- consistent, predictable application such as this, focusing on the most objective quantifiable ways to address the particular issuess seems very advisable and this seems to do that

  Pam Little:Yes

  Steve Chan:The principles document will be shared after this meeting

  Andrew Merriam, Top Level Design:We can encourage some more established registries to attend, they have more bandwith to attend multiple meetings. I, for one, will need to be in NTAG meeting as a new registry and applicant

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:sadly I am not surprised with that news Pam

  Jeremy Beale:WOuld get participation is you said we were proposing making data provision obligatory!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:quite possibly @Jeremy but it will also be rather antagonistic and in productive

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:should read unproductive

  Jeremy Beale:Yes, I was joking!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:that said we will get better interaction. later I am sure

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:we can pitch for ICANN52 of course...

  Tony Onorato:I would like to help Jonathan -- time constraints are rough right now, but I would be happy to pitch in as best as possible

  Graeme Bunton:I'm unlikely to make a call on the 30th

  Tony Onorato:No meeting necessary IMHO

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:Aldo OK with that approach :-) :-)

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:ALSO

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:thanks all catch up in LA then...

  Pam Little:will try our best.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr:bye.... safe travels to those travelling :-)

  Tony Onorato:thanks!

  Marinel Rosca:thank you

  Olévié:hi !

  Olévié:I've joined in AC